Translate

Monday 25 December 2017

Christmas 2017

Christmas is such a great time of the year. You get presents and eat food, but the main thing is having fun with your family. Even if your family isn't close it gives you a chance to get together or if your family lives away, it's a time to come together and enjoy the company. I find Christmas a hard thing to describe. It's like a bottle of joy that explodes once a year. Do I love it or not, well of course I do. But apart from the family time, there's the stress of cooking dinner and wrapping presents. With being 16 I have it easy as I only have to do the little jobs unlike my parents, they really do make Christmas a fantastic time. The tree; the crackers; the mince pies; the lights; the food and gifts, it's a lot (in a good way). The tree is a hard task to put up especially when it's a fake one so you have to find the right blanches for each layer. This year has been a bit different as we remember a loved one, however with us knowing He is in heaven we raise a toast. I believe even though they are not here, which is upsetting, we can still make more happy memories. Today we had the presents in the morning and a Christmas meal in the afternoon. The best part of the day was playing a board game which ended in laughs. I would just like to say I hope you all had a great Christmas day and enjoy the year with the days we have left.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this with us! Wishing you and your loved ones a very peaceful, healthy, joyful and happy New Year. May this year be massive for you and all your wishes come true hunny. Dominica from London, www.dominicas.uk xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comments and I hope you have a nice new year as well.
      Rebekah Milns

      Delete